The Federal Bureau of Investigation has announced a major breakthrough in a sprawling tech support fraud case linked to India-based call center operations that allegedly targeted elderly Americans and stole millions of dollars through fake computer security scams.
In a post on X, FBI Boston said it had shut down a call center operation in India that defrauded hundreds of senior citizens in the United States and abroad. The agency said the investigation led to multiple arrests and convictions, including five India-based telemarketing fraudsters and a former employee connected to a call routing company that allegedly helped scammers operate for years.
“#YourFBI has shut down a call center operation in India that defrauded hundreds of elderly victims here in the U.S. & abroad out of millions of dollars through tech support scams,” the agency wrote on X. The post added that two senior executives “admitted to turning a blind eye to this widespread fraud.”
According to an official press release, former CEO Adam Young, 42, of Miami, Florida, and former CSO Harrison Gevirtz, 33, of Las Vegas, Nevada, pleaded guilty to charges tied to operating a telecommunications services business that allegedly supported fraudulent tech support schemes. Prosecutors said the company provided phone numbers, call routing, forwarding, and tracking services to customers they knew were running scams.
READ: FBI director confirms the organization is buying location data to track US citizens (March 19, 2026)
Both executives pleaded guilty to misprision of a felony under federal law and are scheduled to be sentenced on June 16, 2026.
The investigation, which began in 2020, focused heavily on fraud operations based in India. Court records identified Indian nationals Sahil Narang, Chirag Sachdeva, Abrar Anjum, and Manish Kumar as among those convicted in connection with telemarketing fraud schemes that targeted vulnerable Americans, particularly elderly victims. Another individual Jagmeet Singh Virk was also convicted separately in a California federal court.
Federal investigators said India-based call centers used the telecommunications company’s infrastructure to route fraudulent calls connected to fake tech support schemes. In some cases, investigators alleged that the company’s executives advised fraudsters on ways to reduce customer complaints and avoid account suspensions.
According to court documents, the scams typically involved deceptive pop-up messages warning computer users that their devices had been infected with malware or viruses. Victims were instructed to call a number that connected them to fake support agents at overseas call centers.
Once connected, victims were allegedly pressured into paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for unnecessary or non-existent technical support services. In certain cases, scammers reportedly gained remote access to victims’ computers and obtained sensitive financial and personal information.
Prosecutors alleged that between 2017 and April 2022, Young and Gevirtz continued doing business with customers tied to fraudulent schemes despite receiving repeated complaints from telecom providers, victims, and law enforcement agencies.
Investigators further claimed that the defendants sometimes helped fraud operators buy and sell scam-related calls among themselves while also introducing them to others who could assist in expanding the fraudulent operations.
READ: Dan Bongino leaves FBI post after a brief, controversial tenure (January 5, 2026)
Authorities also revealed that Young and Gevirtz operated a separate call center in Tunisia between 2016 and 2022, where some employees allegedly engaged in tech support fraud activities.
Reacting to the case, Ted E. Docks, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Boston Division, strongly condemned the actions of the executives.
“What the CEO and CSO of this well-known call tracking and analytics company did was downright despicable,” Docks said. “By their own admission, they willfully profited from telemarketing and tech support scammers, here and abroad, who preyed on the elderly, exploited the vulnerable, and drained victims of their life savings and peace of mind.”
He added that tech support scams cost Americans $2.1 billion last year, while Rhode Island residents alone reported losses of at least $5.7 million.
“Let this be a warning: if you fuel and support these criminal networks that prey on unsuspecting consumers, the FBI will pursue you relentlessly to ensure you’re held accountable for the harm you helped inflict,” he said.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Milind Shah, Sandra Hebert, Julianne Klein, and Lee Vilker.
Reflecting on this, even talk show host and media personality Megyn Kelly wrote on X: “Thank you!! Both my mom and my husband’s late mom were targeted by these evil fraudsters – millions of Americans have been. Always feels like no one is doing anything about it. Happy to see someone is.”

